Welcome to Meaningful Living – Center for Self-Discovery
What is Integrative Self-Care Coaching?
Integrative Self-Care Coaching is a mindfulness-based approach to Coaching that integrates the body-mind-spirit concept to manage stress, life changes, and challenges that we encounter in our everyday life. By becoming mindful (aware) of your wholeness, you develop self-awareness, self-knowledge, and self-compassion. You create a human mentality that helps you understand yourself and others better. You become aware of the importance of having time for a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual recharge. In turn, you live a more mindful and meaningful life. It becomes a lifestyle, a mindful way to experience life in all its potential.
What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis is the bridge to the Subconscious Mind.
- The Subconscious Mind dictates 90% of our behaviors.
- The Subconscious Mind is in charge of our emotions, intuition, creativity, imagination, memories, problem-solving skills, and instincts. There we can also find our limiting beliefs and stuck emotions that prevent us from reaching our potential and developing a more successful and meaningful life.
- The superconscious mind is the source of our creative potential and psychic abilities, and it is the part of our mind that transcends time and space and accesses the quantum soup we live in.
Time and space are human constructs. As Einstein explained, these concepts are relative. Although we are not aware of the superconscious mind in our awakened state, it is there holding all the resources we need to have a whole and meaningful life. We naturally go into hypnosis seven to ten times a day. For example, when we daydream, when we go for a walk or run without any electronics that distract us, or when we are looking for the car key and it is in our hand already.
How do I go into hypnosis?
- First, you will experience what is called induction, which is relaxation. It allows the conscious mind to settle down and access the subconscious mind.
- Next, the Hypnotherapist will flood the client’s subconscious mind with positive and healthier messages called suggestions.
- In the end, the Hypnotherapist will help the client to come out of hypnosis in a gradual yet quick process.
The result is a wonderful feeling of well-being. Ten minutes of hypnosis is equivalent to two hours of restful sleep. That is why clients feel so good and energized after a hypnosis session. It is important to remember that the client has total control over the hypnosis. The client is aware of what is going on during the session and will just accept suggestions that are in agreement with their goals.
Hypnosis was born in the medical field. It has been used as hypnothesia by medical doctors to operate patients in situations where regular anesthesia was not available, for instance, in wars or where chemical anesthesia was too dangerous to be used. Hypnotherapy covers a broad spectrum of issues.
What can hypnosis help me with?
- Stress reduction
- Pain mitigation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Phobias & fears
- Chronic Pain
- Sleep problems
- Undesired & unhealthy habits (addiction)
- Weight management
- Work, school, and sports performance
Do I sleep or become unconscious during hypnosis?
No. You are in control the entire time. You will feel more relaxed and aware. But no one has any power or control over your mind or body. Some hypnotherapists say “sleep” during the induction (the relaxation phase), but it is just an expression. The word sleep can be substituted by “relax.”
What is Integrative Clinical Hypnotherapy?
- Integrative Clinical Hypnotherapy is a hypnosis approach that integrates the body-mind-spirit and the subconscious & superconscious mind concepts
- It goes beyond the traditional approach; it includes the spiritual component that we all have
- It integrates different approaches that complement hypnosis, such as Family Constellation Facilitation, E.F.T. – Tapping, Brainspotting, and Reiki.
Hypnotherapy started in the medical field in the mid-1800s. By that time, doctors would include the spiritual dimension in their practice. Those professionals considered the notion of not only the subconscious mind but also a notion of a superconscious mind. This type of hypnotherapy can help with the issues described in traditional clinical hypnotherapy.
What is Spiritual/Regression Hypnotherapy?
It is the approach to hypnosis that works with the subconscious and superconscious minds to accomplish the healing process in many layers and dimensions. It includes present life regression; past life regression; life between lives; meeting your higher self, guides, angels, and masters. It brings meaning and purpose to your existence. When we transition from one dimension of existence to another, typically, we keep a “script” in the subconscious mind related to the cause of the transitioning. However, this script is not loyal to reality because it is impregnated with the judgments of the ego-mind. As we go back to this script when it was imprinted in the subconscious mind, we can rewrite it with the help of the all-knowing superconscious mind and adapt it to the present life. This way, the person doesn’t have to live with the past strings attached to oneself anymore. It frees the client from the issues they are suffering from.
What can Spiritual/Regression Hypnotherapy help me with?
Spiritual/Regression Hypnosis is an approach that can help the client to go to the root of the problem.
It works with any area of life: relationship issues, work-related issues, family problems, chronic pain, inexplicable symptoms and behaviors, conversion disorders, traumas, addictions, and feeling stuck in life.
It helps you to find your mission and purpose in life. It also promotes spiritual development and maturity.
What is Angel Guidance?
We are not alone, although sometimes it seems we are. Father/Mother God, in His/Her infinite wisdom, gave us messengers to bring us clarity, direction, and love. However, we are so caught up in the everyday drama that keeps us disconnected from our true nature, our spiritual world, that we ignore the signs the angels are sending to us regularly. Angels are messengers of peace, hope, and love. They love us and want to see us happy! They always communicate with us, but we don’t pay attention to them. They want to help us in every area of our lives. Yet, we have un-learned how to recognize angels’ messages over the centuries. My job is to help you to get in contact with your angels and develop an affectionate and loyal relationship with them.
I would like to clarify what Angel Guidance is not about. It is not about guessing the future. Rather, it helps us understand our past mistakes, be mindful of the present, and surrender the future to Father/Mother God! It is not about “what I can get.” Instead, it is about “how can I be in service?” It is about understanding and compassion. It is not about listening to ego-rationalizations. Instead, it is about listening to the messages our Creator sends us via intuition, gut feelings, and synchronicity!
What is E.F.T.?
Emotional Freedom Technique, E.F.T., was created by Gary Craig, a Stanford-trained engineer and personal performance coach, in 1995. Emotional Freedom Technique (E.F.T.), also known as tapping, is a technique where you tap with your fingertips on acupuncture points around the body to release stress, anxiety, pain, and negative beliefs. The body is composed of meridians and energy centers that are connected to cells, nerves, organs, thoughts, and emotions. E.F.T. is based on the idea that a thought or memory from trauma or stress can cause disruption and blockages in the body’s electromagnetic energy system. By tapping these points, the body releases stress, relax, and balance is restored in the body and mind!
What can E.F.T. help me with?
- It reduces stress
- It reduces chronic pain
- It decreases anxiety
- It decreases depression
- It helps to overcome fear.
- It improves mood and relationships.
- It helps to create positive beliefs.
- It is an excellent tool to remove traumatic memories.
- It aids weight management.
What is Brainspotting?
Brainspotting (B.S.P.) is a powerful, focused method that works by identifying, processing, and releasing emotional/body pain, trauma, and a variety of other challenging symptoms.
Where we look affects how we feel and process emotions. The practitioner and the client work together by paring a fixed eye position and body sensation to an unresolved issue. This approach goes beyond cognitive awareness and connects with the client’s inner wisdom to heal oneself.
What Brainspotting can help me with?
- Anger issues
- Substance use
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Creativity issues
What is Family Constellation?
Family Constellation is a powerful method developed by the German therapist Bert Hellinger. It helps you identify complex entanglements in your family of origin and your present family or relationship.
Family Constellation is a solution-based approach whose goal is to reveal the hidden dynamics in a family or relationship. It addresses possible stressors impacting these relationships and heal them.
What Family Constellation Facilitation can help me with?
- Negative or harmful relationship patterns
- Be in a romantic relationship
- Solve family entanglements
- Overcome inner turmoils
- Overcome significant loss
- Personal and professional success
- Deal with chronic pain or/and disease
What is Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness Meditation is a relief for a busy mind. It is the awareness of what is going on in our minds, moment by moment, without judgment. It soothes the mind, reinvigorates the soul, and relaxes the body. By learning how to switch from the doing mode of the mind to the being mode, we become aware of our inner world and all the resources we have to cope with any situation in our lives. When we meditate, we travel to the present moment, our real destination. When we meditate, we undress the worries or escapism of the future as well as the regrets or resentments from the past that our minds carry around, and just be.
What are the benefits of practicing Mindfulness Meditation and exercises?
- It can reduce stress symptoms, such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, improve mood and relationships. Studies have shown that mindfulness meditation improves the immune system and helps to prevent colds, flu, and other diseases (Chiesa, 2010; Williams & Penman, 2011).
- Mindfulness also decreases ruminative thoughts, reduces stress arousal, and increases the positive state of mind.
- Mindfulness-based Meditation can be practiced in many ways, for example, by sitting conformably in a chair, walking, doing chores, and so on.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese hands-on healing technique that promotes relaxation and helps to reduce stress and anxiety. It is based on the principle that the human body has energy centers and meridians where this energy flows to provide the human body with a vital life force. Reiki means universal energy; Rei = universal, Ki = energy.
What can Reiki help me with?
- Stress reduction and management
- Decreases general anxiety
- Decreases school anxiety (children & teenagers)
- Decreases insomnia
- Calms down fussy babies
- Improves emotional state
- Improves the body Healing System
- Increases levels of energy
- Increases levels of self-awareness
- It helps to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy
- Activates and balances the immune system, hormones, and metabolism
- Improves sense of well-being
- It brings a sense of interconnectedness
What is Restorative Yoga?
Restorative Yoga is the art and the science of rest! It is a practice that aims for total relaxation of the body and mind through resting poses. With Restorative Yoga, the emphasis rests on the quality of the poses rather than the quantity. Restorative Yoga is for everyone! There is no need for previous experience with Yoga. The poses are held between 3 to 15 minutes, so the physical body has enough time to restore and rejuvenate itself. Thus, the student will learn to relax, which is a protective factor against distress and its unhealthy consequences.
What can Restorative Yoga help me with?
Restorative Yoga is a delightful practice that enables the students to learn about the seven types of rest: physical, creative, spiritual, emotional, sensory, social, and mental. By practicing relaxation, the stillness of the body and mind, meditation, and breathing techniques, the student allows healing and restoration to take place.
Restorative Yoga is helpful for anyone dealing with daily stress. It is highly recommended for those dealing with chronic stress and its devastating effects, such as anxiety, depression, sleep problems, lack of concentration, recovering from addiction, etc.
According to Judith Hanson Lasater: “…during deep relaxation, all the organ systems of the body are benefited, and few of the measurable results of deep relaxation are the reduction of the blood pressure, serum triglycerides and blood sugar levels in the blood, the increase of the “good cholesterol” levels, as well as improvement in digestion, fertility, elimination, the reduction of muscle tension, insomnia and generalized fatigue. When you stop agitating it, the body starts to repair itself.”
In general, the benefits of Restorative Yoga are:
• Decreases cortisol, the stress hormone
• Improves sleep, digestion, and immunity
• Releases tension in joints and muscles
• Teaches conscious control of relaxation
• Increases concentration and improves focus
• Creates balance within the nervous system
• Activates relaxation response
• Gateway to Mindfulness
What is Psychospiritual Numerology?
I remember my psychoanalysis professor talking about how important our names are. A person’s name affects their whole personality and psychological development. It can enhance or hinder someone’s self-esteem, self-acceptance, and self-confidence.
• Numerology is the study of numbers from the spiritual perspective.
• It is a metaphysical technology developed by ancient civilizations that reveals the psychospiritual meaning of each letter and its respective number found in your name and date of birth. It works as a map of who you are.
• It shows your soul (your essence, who you are), your personality (how people see you), your destiny (your mission), your possible professional paths, how you act in unexpected situations or emergencies, phases you go through during your life, your vocational potential, your abilities, your challenges, and your karmic lessons.
• Psychospiritual Numerology shows where you are stuck or blocked and what you can do to improve yourself. It is a tool that helps you develop self-knowledge, self-awareness, and mainly, self-acceptance.
In order to prepare your chart, your date of birth, your full name (as in the birth certificate), and other names such as nicknames, married name, and/or professional name are required.