What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis is the bridge to the Subconscious Mind.
- 90% of our behaviors are dictated by the Subconscious Mind.
- The Subconscious Mind is in charge of our emotions, intuition, creativity, imagination, memories, problem-solving skills, and instincts. There we can also find our limiting beliefs and stuck emotions that prevent us from reaching our potential and developing a more successful and meaningful life.
- The superconscious mind is the source of our creative potential and our psychic abilities. It is the part of our mind that transcends time and space and accesses the quantum soup we live in.
Time and space are human constructs. As Einstein explained, these concepts are relative. Although we are not aware of the superconscious mind in our awakened state, it is there holding all the resources we need to have a full and meaningful life. We naturally go into hypnosis seven to ten times a day. For example, when we daydream, when we go for a walk or running without any electronics that distract us, or when we are looking for the car key and it is in our hand already.
How do I go into hypnosis?
- First, you will experience what is called induction, which is relaxation. It allows the conscious mind to settle down and access the subconscious mind.
- Next, the hypnotherapist will flood the client’s subconscious mind with positive and healthier messages called suggestions.
- In the end, the hypnotherapist will help the client to come out of hypnosis in a gradual, yet fast process.
The result is a wonderful feeling of well-being. Eight to ten minutes of hypnosis is equivalent to three and a half hours of restful sleep. That is the reason clients feel so good and energized after a hypnosis session. It is important to remember that the client has total control over the hypnosis. The client is aware of what is going on during the session and will just accept suggestions that are in agreement with her/his goals.
Hypnosis was born in the medical field. It has been used as hypnothesia by medical doctors to operate patients in situations where regular anesthesia was not available, for instance in wars, or where chemical anesthesia was too dangerous to be used. Hypnotherapy covers a broad spectrum of issues such as:
What can hypnosis help me with?
- Stress reduction
- Pain mitigation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Phobias & fears
- Chronic Pain
- Sleep problems
- Undesired & unhealthy habits (addiction)
- Weight management
Do I sleep or become unconscious during the hypnosis?
No. You are in control the entire time. You will feel more relaxed and aware. But no one has any power or control over your mind or body. Some hypnotherapists say the word “sleep” during the induction (the relaxation phase), but it is just an expression. The word sleep can be substituted by “relax.”
What is Integrative Clinical Hypnotherapy?
- Integrative Clinical Hypnotherapy is a hypnosis approach that integrates the body-mind-spirit and the subconscious & superconscious mind concepts
- It goes beyond the traditional approach; it includes the spiritual component that we all have
Hypnotherapy started in the medical field in the mid-1800s. By that time doctors would include the spiritual dimension to their practice. The notion of not only the subconscious mind but a notion of a superconscious mind was considered and addressed by those professionals. This type of hypnotherapy can be used to help with the issues described in traditional clinical hypnotherapy.
What is Regression Hypnotherapy?
Regression is an approach to hypnotherapy where the subconscious and superconscious minds are accessed through hypnosis, which aims to reach the starting-point of a problem or issue. The issue could have originated in infancy, childhood, or the mother’s womb. As the cause of a problem is revealed, the hypnotherapist can help the client to overcome the issue by helping the client to imprint new and healthier suggestions in the client’s subconscious mind.
What can Regression Hypnotherapy help me with?
- Regression Hypnosis is an approach that can help the client to go to the root of the problem.
- It works with any area of life: relationship issues, work-related issues, family problems, chronic pain, inexplicable symptoms and behaviors, conversion disorders, traumas, addictions, and feeling stuck in life.
What is Spiritual Hypnotherapy?
It is the approach to hypnosis that works with the subconscious and superconscious minds to accomplish the healing process in many layers and dimensions. It includes past life regression, life between lives, future lives, meeting your higher self, guides, angels, and masters. It brings meaning and purpose to your existence. When we transition from one dimension of existence to another, normally we keep a “script” in the subconscious mind related to the cause of the transitioning. However, this script is not loyal to reality because it is impregnated with the judgments of the ego-mind. As we go back to this script at the moment it was imprinted in the subconscious mind, we can rewrite it with the help of the all-knowing superconscious mind and adapt it to the present life. This way the person doesn’t have to live with the past strings attached to oneself anymore. It frees the client from the issues they are suffering from.
What is Integrative Coaching?
Integrative coaching is a mindfulness-based approach to coaching that integrates the body-mind-spirit concept. It integrates life and spiritual coaching to find purpose in life and to manage stress, life changes, and challenges that we encounter in our everyday life. By becoming mindful (aware) of our wholeness we develop self-awareness and self-knowledge. We develop a compassionate mentality that helps us to better understand ourselves and others. We understand who we are and our purpose here. In turn, we live a more mindful and meaningful life. It becomes a lifestyle; a mindful way to experience life in all its potential.
What is Mindfulness Meditation?
- Mindfulness Meditation is a relief for a busy mind. It is the awareness of what is going on in our mind, moment by moment, without any kind of judgment.
- It soothes the mind, reinvigorates the soul, and relaxes the body.
- By learning how to switch from the doing mode of the mind to the being mode, we become aware of our inner world and all the resources we have to cope with any situation in our lives.
- When we meditate, we travel to the present moment, our real destination. We undress the worries or escapism of the future as well as the regrets or resentments from the past that our minds carry around, and just be.
How does the Mindfulness Meditation work?
It seems easy, but actually, it is not that simple. The mind’s nature is to wander; to jump around like monkeys as Buddha used to say. Contrary to what is believed meditation is not emptying the mind. We would be exhausted doing that because thinking is the natural state of the mind. Meditation is about being aware, being mindful of what is happening in the present moment. It brings awareness to many levels. This awareness of the present moment is called Mindfulness.
We starting by paying attention to our breathing. Surely, the mind will wander. And every time it happens, gently and compassionately you bring your attention to your breathing. By doing that over and over again you become aware what is preventing you to be present. It can happen due to emotionally charge thoughts (negative or positive thoughts); it can be emotions and feelings or body sensations, including pain. Mindfulness Meditation takes you out of the automatic pilot mode and put you fully in the present moment. So, you can be aware of what is happening and how to deal with it.
What are the benefits of practicing Mindfulness Meditation and exercises?
- It can reduce stress symptoms, such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, improve mood and relationships. Studies have shown that mindfulness meditation improves the immune system and helps to prevent colds, flu, and other diseases (Chiesa, 2010; Williams & Penman, 2011)
- Mindfulness also decreases ruminative thoughts, reduces stress arousal, and increases a positive state of mind.
- Mindfulness-based Meditation can be practiced in many ways, for example, by sitting comfortably in a chair, walking, doing chores, and so on.
What is Reiki?
- Reiki is a Japanese hands-on healing technique that promotes relaxation and helps to reduce stress and anxiety. It is based on the principle that the human body has energy centers and meridians where this energy flows to provide the human body with vital life force
- Reiki means universal energy; Rei = universal, Ki = energy
- Reiki is a helpful technique for stress management, decreasing anxiety, and increasing levels of energy and self-awareness
What is Psychospiritual Numerology?
I remember my psychoanalysis professor saying how important our names are. A person’s name affects their whole personality and one’s psychological development. It can enhance or hinder someone’s self-esteem, self-acceptance, and self-confidence.
- Numerology is the study of numbers from the spiritual perspective.
- It is a metaphysical technology developed by ancient civilizations that reveals the psychospiritual meaning of each letter and its respective number found in your name and date of birth. It works as a map of who you are.
- Psychospiritual Numerology shows where you are stuck or blocked and what you can do to improve yourself. It is a tool that helps you to develop self-knowledge, self-awareness, and mainly, self-acceptance.
In order to prepare your chart, your full name (as in the birth certificate), other names such as nicknames, married name, and/or professional name, as well as your date of birth, are required.